Monday, December 19, 2005

<<Home

Happy Groundhog Day

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
I'm a semi-late riser, so as I groggily became aware at 7:30 am that W was speaking to me from the still-on television, I turned it off and went back to sleep. I knew that anything I missed, Malkin would be there to fill in the blanks.

Actually, that's not quite true. In point of fact, I kind of could fill in the blanks of what Malkin would write: Blogger X thinks Bush did fantastically well, Blogger Y wonders why the press is always out to tarnish the glorious Bush presidency, Reader Z e-mails a funny, Powerline declares that the Democratic party may as well resign its charter because it was the kind of smackdown only the greatest leader in history could deliver, and Malkin's contribution: at least two more instances of the non-word 'reax.'

Ta-da.

Since I was snoring during most of the speech, I don't have any real thoughts on it - although I did, in my stupor, hear Bush say that he thought it was important to track down leakers who would undermine national security. Or maybe that was a dream, because generally speaking, cognitive dissonance like that only takes place during REM.