Tuesday, December 13, 2005

<<Home

Anecdotally Speaking

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
I've probably been reading Malkin for too long, because I've picked up an unhealthy cynicism. The same Malkins who wrote this about Giuliana Sgrena is now completely trusting of video out of Iraq:
Blunt words from Iraqi voter Betty Dawisha for the Cindy Sheehan Left...
"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done, and President Bush, let them go to hell!"
Assuming this whole thing is on the up and up, I'm gonna go ahead and weigh Ms. Dawisha's words against this kind of thing.

(h/t Fenno)

Update: Aha. Curiously absent from Malkin's post is the fact that Ms. Dawisha is, in fact, an Iraqi expat living in the United States. I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that this is crucial information. Can't imagine why it was left out.

Update 2: Because I like to be a completist, I'll mention that Ms. Dawisha is quite probably a 1987 graduate of the Center for Humanistic Studies. Relevant information? Probably not.