Monday, December 05, 2005

<<Home

If the shoe fits...

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
...I mean, what else can you call it? (to mm.com)

My policy is this: Anything the troops do - especially those things they are ordered to do - is on behalf of their superiors and the administration. So, again, I can't figure out what John Kerry should have said (emphasis mine based on Malkin's point):
But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment. You've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis. And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...
Listen, Malkin (and Captain Ed), you may not like the word "terrorizing" because of its connotations, but it's very, very apt.

And it's being done under orders. So don't piss on my leg and tell me Kerry's calling Pfc Average American a terrorist.