Saturday, December 17, 2005

<<Home

Can we call namechecking Betty Dawisha a non sequitur yet?

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
Malkin looooves Betty Dawisha.
What I wouldn't give to see a debate between Sheehan and Betty Dawisha.
The good news is, Cindy would only have to go as far as Minnesota. Meanwhile, Grace from Scriptoids discovered something interesting:
Well, curiosity got the better of me, and I contacted Professor Adeed Dawisha via email. I (politely) asked him if he was related to the Betty Dawisha featured on FOX News.

I received an amazingly fast reply:
Yes, she is. Betty is the wife of my uncle. And my children and I have ben [sic] teasing her a lot about her comments!!
So that's that.
Adeed Dawisha is a Middle East expert of, apparently, moderate to conservative bent who seems to have made numerous appearances on...

...Fox News.