Wednesday, January 12, 2005

<<Home

She gets letters

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
When I read the title of Michelle's post today - MINORITY CONSERVATIVES AND THE SELLOUT SMEAR - I rolled my eyes. What does Armstrong Williams' race have to do with anything?

Then I read the e-mails she gets, and I realized my mistake - they read like the worst of the worst comments on Little Green Footballs. Sad. It's a reminder that any minority in the public eye is a magnet.

I personally suspect all conservative pundits of similar transgressions, regardless of race. It shouldn't surprise me, though, the hate Malkin gets based on her race. I personally don't like her because of her views on internment and immigration, but for much of America, left and right, it still all comes down to race. It's crap like that which leads conservatives to say that the left opposes Alberto Gonzalez based on race, not on the fact that he apparently sees the President as a king.

There is no "but" here. Just more proof that racism thrives in the United States, regardless of political affiliation.