Monday, March 28, 2005

<<Home

It's still technically the weekend...

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
...because I haven't gone to work yet. Here's an off-topic post by Tristero (via Neiwert) that says we're no longer on the slippery slope to fascism.

Hooray!

Oh, wait...
On March 21, 2005 12:44 am, the extremists in charge of the US Government showed the world that when they don't like a law or a legally valid court decision - ANY law, ANY court decision, for ANY reason, no matter how carefully adjudicated - they are prepared to rip it up. There is a word for this.

The word is fascism...

Today, my fellow Americans, we woke up in a new United States, a fascist America in which a citizen's rights and liberties are inscribed not in a set of laws but are entirely subject to the whims of the extremists running the Federal legislative and executive branches.
I don't know if I agree fully with Tristero, but he makes enough good points to make me wonder if I'm just in denial. Read the whole thingĀ©.