Tuesday, January 25, 2005

<<Home

This bothers me in an almost indescribable way

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
My thoughts are with the loved ones of Roy Hallums, the American hostage who was seen "denouncing" Bush in a videotape today. I use the quotes because it is absolutely fair to disbelieve anything said by a hostage under the most extreme duress imaginable. But it's Malkin's credibility I'm concerned with here as she quotes Rusty Shackleford:
"This does not sound like the Roy Hallums as described to me by his family and friends. I'm sure the rifle pointed at his head had something to do with his pleas."
Absolutely. Amen. May he return safely and as untroubled as possible. It's almost enough to make one forget what Michelle thought about the trustworthiness of family and friends in a previous circumstance.

Almost.