Sunday, January 30, 2005

<<Home

Followup watch: Juan Alvarez

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
Dancinfool, a commenter at World O'Crap, found what I was looking for: Confirmation that Juan Alvarez is a US citizen.

Alvarez, if you remember, is the mentally ill individual who caused the Glendale train wreck. Malkin, apropos of nothing but her own biases, wondered aloud whether Alvarez was an illegal immigrant.

Well, that idea was disproved the same day, although to be fair, I was looking for it and couldn't find it. So I won't start the followup timer 1/26, but rather today. When will Malkin mention that Alvarez was, in fact, a citizen of the United States, so we can't blame this particular societal ill on illegal immigration?

Update: My super-cool automatic countup timer (on the sidebar) seems to have died a horrible death, so I will have to do it by hand for now. Sigh.