Sunday, January 15, 2006

<<Home

Martin Luther King hates George W. Bush...FROM THE GRAVE!!!

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
So sayeth Malkin:
Jim Hoft rounds up the bash-Bush events planned for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday tomrrow, including:
* New York Martin Luther King Day Events, Realizing the Dream: A Call to Conscience, actors Susan Sarandon and Jeffrey Wright will read select works of Dr. King...

* Sen. Edward Kennedy will join the LET JUSTICE ROLL Living Wage services and/or events on the Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend in order to inspire, educate and mobilize congregations and community organizations to support an act for raising the minimum wage at both the Federal and State levels.
If anyone can explain to me why these events are "Bush-bashing" without using the words "unhinged", "moonbats", or "Chappaquiddick", you win a prize.

In fact, you can even use those words if you wish. Just don't tell me that you're really happy to claim that a focus on the civil rights movement or on labor rights is actually anti-Bush; since the obvious implication is that Bush is therefore anti-civil rights and anti-labor.

I mean, I'll claim that, but I don't think it's what Malkin meant.

And there are in fact some anti-Bush events available at the link on Malkin's site. Go sign up for some.

Update:Ryan reminds me that MLK may not have had much to say about W, but he certainly had some words which apply to his future apologists:
At the heart of their concerns this query has often loomed large and loud: "Why are you speaking about the war, Dr. King?" "Why are you joining the voices of dissent?" "Peace and civil rights don't mix," they say. "Aren't you hurting the cause of your people," they ask? And when I hear them, though I often understand the source of their concern, I am nevertheless greatly saddened, for such questions mean that the inquirers have not really known me, my commitment or my calling. Indeed, their questions suggest that they do not know the world in which they live.