Saturday, February 19, 2005

<<Home

How I Really Feel

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
She never ceases to amaze. In, as Liberal Avenger puts it, "celebrating" Executive Order 9066, Malkin vomits forth these nuggets:
How could they be "imprisoned" in camps if they (like thousands of other Japanese-Americans who were evacuated from the West Coast) were allowed to go to the East Coast to work? The reporter never explains the process by which thousands left the camps after obtaining security clearances, and does not mention that ethnic Japanese who did not live on the vulnerable West Coast were not required to enter the camps in the first place.
Wow. There's almost nothing in that paragraph that doesn't expose Malkin. The idea that the things she lists (some US citizens weren't required to enter camps, US citizens were allowed to go to work) are in any way mitigating factors would be laughable if it weren't so disgusting.
In fact, hundreds of people chose to enter the relocation camps voluntarily--a fact I strongly suspect is not disclosed to schoolchildren in Bainbridge Island and elsewhere.
If Isamu Noguchi knew that his act of solidarity would one day be used to defend internment, I wonder if he would have been as willing.

I feel dirty, so I'm going to close here, except for this tidbit I hadn't previously realized:
Muller also suggests that Richard Kotoshirodo, the Japanese-American man on the cover of my book, violated espionage statutes. (Wanting to give Kotoshirdo the benefit of the doubt, I had expressed doubts about whether Kotoshirodo's activities rose to the level of espionage, since the information he transmitted to Japan was not classified.)
I missed that somehow, and it's very interesting.

Warning: I have tried to be fairly cool, calm, and collected during the three months I've been writing this blog. I'm gonna go ahead and let go with this one, though.

HEY, MORON: YOU CALL JUXTAPOSING KOTOSHIRODO'S FACE WITH MOHAMMED ATTA'S ON THE COVER OF YOUR BOOK GIVING HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT?!? WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF!

Fucking idiot.