Friday, February 18, 2005

<<Home

I Win! I Win!, or, Something you should buy

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
Liberal Avenger ran a contest to name Michelle's new book. It drew some absolutely stellar suggestions, including, but certainly not limited to:

The Virtues of Fascism: Why We Need to Make the Trains Run on Time in a Post-9/11 World (David Neiwert)

Hammer and Sickle Cell - The Invasion of the Bolsevik Genes (Dr. C)

How To Suck The Flesh From Their Stinking Liberal Bones (filkertom)

In Defense of Lynching (upyernoz)

Mein Queef (Rev. Mykeru)

All the entries were fantastic, so go check them out.

But I am humbled to say that one of my entries was selected as the winner. So, without further ado, and considering Malkin's standard of research sure to hit shelves sometime in the next six months, Malkin's next book:

Pulling Up the Ladder: Why My Parents Were the Last Acceptable Arrivals

Woo! I won myself a $20 Amazon gift certificate...which brings me to the real reason I posted this.



With my spankin' new gift certificate, I'm going right over and preordering Strawberry Days: How Internment Destroyed a Japanese American Community, the next book from David Neiwert.


David Neiwert
was one of my favorite writers long before I ever heard of Michelle Malkin. His essay "The Rise of Pseudo Fascism" (Part 1 here) is one of the best pieces of blog reporting I've ever read. As did Greg Robinson and Eric Muller, he wrote a very effective critique of In Defense of Internment, and has kept an eye on Michelle at other times as well.

His new book, written over sixteen years, studies the effect that internment had on Bellevue, Washington. Go here to read the publisher's description, and click on his link (or mine, which should also provide the extra kickback to David when you pre-order at Amazon).

(Link fixed even though Mykeru threw wild accusations around. I'm sweet like that.)