Wednesday, January 19, 2005

<<Home

Everything old is new again and other thoughts

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
"I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul." -- George W. Bush on Vladimir Putin, June 2001
"From my soul I greet you and your loved ones on the coming New Year." -- Vladimir Putin, among other nice things, to Vassily Kononov

Malkin reports on Vladimir Putin's plans to build a statue of Stalin.

"The writer is the engineer of the human soul." -- Joseph Stalin, unknown

And then she devotes the rest of her post to "lefty alternative rag, The Seattle Weekly" which is "actually" asking for a statue of Lenin to be torn down. I dunno, Michelle, does that surprise you? Have you really bought your own hype that all liberals are Leninist dictator-lovers? Really?

Well, in honor of tomorrow's events, there's one more quote I'd like to invite you to think about. It, too, comes from Bush's soul mate's hero.

It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.