Wednesday, March 30, 2005

<<Home

Also, please to be assisting of completion of account transfer of US$30M from deposed leader of Kreplachistan here I trust good will

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
Attending a funeral is not a great moodsetter for reading Michelle Malkin. Luckily, Liberal Avenger has provided me with some sort of blog chain letter to pass on that looks like fun, so here goes:

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Upyernoz says this means "what book would you want burned"; LA says it's both that and "what book would you like to have memorized." I'll go with LA's version.

Burned: (it goes without saying I don't approve of book-burning, right?) Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

Memorized: Critique of Pure Reason, Immanuel Kant (I've never been able to actually read the thing, so I'd like to have it memorized.)

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

As a(n):
  • Impossibly nerdy adolescent: Leetah from Elfquest
  • Pre-married young adult: Lisa Miller (as played by Maura Tierney) from Newsradio
  • Presumably more mature married guy: Lenina Crowe from Brave New World (armchair psychiatrists probably would have a field day with this one)
The last book you bought is:
What are you currently reading?

I multi-task:
Five books you would take to a desert island.

  1. Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman(I've read it at least ten times and laughed out loud every time)
  2. The Moonstone - Wilkie Collins (The first ever detective novel)
  3. The Bible (So I'm a religious leftie. Sue me.)
  4. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Sounds uncreative? The Bible and Shakespeare? Here's the thing - I read fast. I need lots of words if I'm gonna be on a desert island. It's either these or a single-volume version of the Congressional Record, 1776-2004)
  5. The Real Frank Zappa Book - Frank Zappa (Biography and artistic vision of the - believe it - finest composer of the 20th Century. Not sure he'd be too impressed with my choice of the Bible, though.)
    Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

    1. Mykeru - I want to see if he'll refuse to get involved in something so banal.
    2. Jesus' General - I'd like to see what the Christian and thoroughly non-gay Right has to say to this question.
    3. Crystal - She needs a change of subject.