Tuesday, October 11, 2005

<<Home

Like Shooting Fish in a Sewer Pipe

YOU ARE VISITING THE OLD MALKIN(S)WATCH. THAT'S FANTASTIC. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW MALKIN(S)WATCH WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
Mykeru (at Liberal Avenger) steals back a post he was going to e-mail me the idea for. That's gotta be at least a misdemeanor.

Of course, he writes it much better than I would have, so I guess I shouldn't complain. And I blush:
I first thought I would just address all this to Auguste, who remains inexplicably chipper considering the sort of intellectual slumming he has to do day in, and day out. The only other person able to keep such a sunny outlook with such a shitty job was the fictional Ed Norton on the old Honeymooners sitcom, who was a sewer worker. However, that attitude is fragile, and I would hate to bust his positive outlook by making him read old Malkin columns, as once is one time too many.
Heeey, Mykie-boy!
I was writing an email because I came across an interesting first person account by James Yee, which differs a bit from the Malkin's omniscient suburban take on his arrest and incarceration.

Malkin(s) wrote one of their most sleazy little columns on James Yee, exceeded in nastiness only by their takedown of Helen Thomas. After beating up on octogenarian women and imprisoned clerics, I'm surprised they haven't vacationed in the Arctic Circle where I'm told the baby harp seal clubbing is fine.
Go read the whole thing.